Monday, October 6, 2008

Illustrations

Lately I have been looking at the world around me, or my family and children, and I think about how I don't want to forget that particular moment in time. I wonder if I will forget. It is sad to think that I may.

The kids are growing so fast these days. I don't want to forget the way each of them are RIGHT NOW. Genesis in her adorable dress and tights with her hair done just right for her first picture day at preschool today. Tyler with his mischievous smile and bed head since he fell asleep on the way to school. Isabella in the cutest little sailor type Timmy Hilfiger dress that was passed down from Gen. John with his sad sexy eyes because he is feeling sick today (not that I want him to be sick, but the sweet eyes I can deal with). The beautiful red sunset the kids and John and I admired on Saturday......the perfect Fall day that proceeded when we visited a local pumpkin patch ....etc......

Wish I can keep all the snap shots in my head as a picture book with an index. Then I can just look it all up right there like a Rolodex, right at my finger tips, anytime I want to.

I am trying to concentrate on living in the moment. Taking my family and everything around me in as much as I possibly can. Maybe these moments can even be more than just mere illustrations if I actually touch them, live them, enjoy them.

We have a family camera at home; it is a fairly large one with a big lens. I begged and begged for a small on that I can keep in my purse. It is an adorable pink Sony Cybershot. Obviously my husband was nice enough to get me what I wanted (not without a fight of course). Now I wonder if it was a hindrance. The pictures in a disk or a camera are no substitute for the illustrations in our minds and hearts. I think I am going to take up mind sketching now!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such an awesome mom!