Monday, March 31, 2008

Starting 2008 With A BANG


Literally speaking; and two bangs at that.

So the first one happened on 01/10/2008. 10 days into 2008, which I may add I brainwashed myself into believing would be the very best year of my life, so much for that.

I was on my way to pick up my sister so that we could go work out. Boy, I surely didn't feel like it. It was late, I was exhausted from new mom syndrome, and had a little spat with John. Still, I went on my way. Almost to Vikki's house, and BANG! I had an accident, I won't bore you with the details, mainly because it was mostly my fault. Gees, next time I will follow my instinct and stay home and order a pizza, that's what I really felt like doing anyhow. I was so lucky the kids weren't with me of course, and I was OK as was the other guy I hit. So all in all I am so fortunate to have walked away.

Come to find out I totalled my van. Great. I got that van shortly after Genesis was born in 2004. It was brand new. It was a Nissan Quest. Now, I don't like mini vans, never did, but with the two kids and all the junk that came with them, it was a necessity. I looked at vans, and after all the looking, this one ended up being the beefiest, coolest van out there and we took it home. After time, I grew quite fond of my girl, and now, she is gone. The kids still even ask for it from time to time, the want the "red car mommy".

Off to car shopping we went. John is the BEST! I really liked a Pacifica, and when we almost got that, we saw a Durango that was so COOL! I loved it. It was out of our price range though. Still, John wheeled and dealed his way into getting me what I wanted. That is the theme around the house though, I will half way admit, I am a spoiled brat. (thanks honey!) He would have to admit however that he really wanted this truck as well.

I am definately a truck girl. I love Denali's, Hummers, some Jeeps etc....This Durango has been my favorite car EVER. I had a Nissan Exterra I loved before that van (we traded it in for the van b/c of the "kid" situation) but that's nothing compared to this car. It has it all; leather, heated seats, TV, awesome sound system, third row seating, driver memory, a hemi, really really awesome, and it is so pretty to look at too. One of the best things for me, being almost 5 feet tall are the adjustable foot petals and the fact that although it is so big I can totally see! I can see perfectly. For me this car is more than a car, sure it looks great, and it is probably the nicest car I have ever driven, but with the three kids now I need the room, and I need to feel good. I feel secure, safe and confident in this truck, it's really great. Not to mention, younger. I mean three kids, the big 3-0, and a soccer mom van was really really killing me, lol.

Bad part is, lets see how long I can keep it. Gas is fricken killer!! I am talking like at least 20.00 a day in gas with all the driving I do to and from work, sitter,and going to feed Bella at lunch, it is taking a toll. So sad to get rid of it. In the mean time, I will continue to fight with John over who gets to drive it, (he thinks we need to share it so that we are better on gas, but with his real estate go here and there bull crap he doesn't see that he will burn more gas than me, even when he thinks he isn't going anywhere that day because something always comes up, like say TODAY!) and of course, try to keep "Rango" in one piece.

0 comments: