Friday, September 26, 2008

We Love You Max

Our beloved pet chameleon MAX passed away last night.
I shed a tear and then it was time to break it to the kids. Mainly Tyler.
John didn't want to tell them but I thought we should. They go say goodnight to him every night and I was afraid they would notice.
Max must have just died. He was on his branch peacefully sleeping. He looked healthy, with gorgeous green and orange colors. So I decided they can say a proper good bye to him while he still looked so good. Less traumatic, I thought.
I told them.
*Above is a tiny and shedding Maxameleon when we first brought him home.

*Tyler above showing off his little dude.

Tyler cried and cried. He was devastated. He has already planned a funeral for Max. He wants to put him in a small box and bury him in the back yard. We are all to take turns to says something nice about MAX. He has a rock that is painted green that he collected from a Superman birthday party, it is supposed to be kryptonite. He wants to write "MAX" on it and place it where we put him to rest. Tyler then rushed off to call Grandma and tell her the bad news. Tears running down his face and bottom lip just trembling the entire time.

* Gen in her pajamas saying good night to baby Max.

Gen whimpered a bit and was very quiet and stressed out. In typical Gen style however, she shook it off and then said "OK, so now can we go get a cat like Rachel's?" That's my girl, never ever pass up a window of opportunity.

Gen was trying to make Tyler feel better the entire night. She played trains to appease him, let him pick the better crayons, and even let him sleep with her elephant. They were pretty stressed and they weren't asleep until way past midnight though. Somehow they managed to make it to school today.

We will miss you MAX.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww your little baby is growing up!

Anonymous said...

Sorry that was supposed to go with the parent teacher conference post. That is sooooo sad about Max. I don't know how I could handle seeing the kids like that!

Rachel said...

RIP Max. Aww poor Tyler :( I don't know if I could have handled telling him. You are stronger than I would be. But Gen's comment was soo cute. Give Tyler a big hug for me!

Rachel said...

ps: I love the new background. sooo cute!!