Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen....

It is FALL!!!! I know I have written about Fall in here before, but I can't help it. What a great time of year this is. Especially here in North Carolina. The weather is just absolutely gorgeous. It is nothing but clear blue sunny skies today with a breeze that is just whispering my name. I wish I was on the beach or at a picnic or something, anything to be outside instead of a stuffy office.

I am so excited because we are going to spend a weekend at my parents' mountain house this Fall when the leaves peak. The kids and I are going to have a picnic on the Blue Ridge Parkway, enjoy the mountain scenery, green grass, and the beautiful hues of fiery reds, and oranges the leaves bring. We are planning on collecting leaves and then making a scrap book with those and photos of our day. We are also going to rub color. Just place the leaf under a paper, and then slightly rub a crayon over it and you get a cute stencil, stamp, sort of leaf, we will include those in our book as well. I don't know why, but I am overtly excited about it! It will be a great bonding and memory making sort of time. I think it will go well, and if it does, it will be a new tradition for the Lara's. I love traditions.

Fall brings good stuff; friends, family, Thanksgiving, football, pleasant weather, and Pumpkin Spice Lattes!! Ohhhhhh soooooo good! It seems like Starbucks brings them a bit before Fall, but they taste better when the weather compliments them so perfectly. Oh, yeah, and this year, they don't have to be decaf!! How cool is that??!!

Peace and Love,
V

0 comments: