Monday, September 15, 2008

A Lot To Live Up To


I am thankful tonight for a very special mother, daughter moment.

Genesis Nicole was in the tub in my bathroom as I was moving about picking up and sorting laundry...........

Gen: Mommy, I want to be just like you.
Me: taken a back......Aww Gen why do you say that?
Gen: Because I like everything about you and want to be what you are.
Me: Genesis, thanks so much, that was beautiful, but you know what?...tearing up.....
Gen: hair soaking wet, bubbles all around her, ......What?
Me: I want to be just like you.
Gen: Why?
Me: Because you are perfect in every way, just the way you are.

Wow, no pressure. I know as a mother I am a big influence on my daughter, but knowing something and actually living it are two different things. Period. I am living it. It's scary. It's nerve wracking, it's amazing, it's beautiful, it's pure love, innocence and grace.

Genesis, I only have one shot at this, but if I can teach you one thing, it is to never give up, and this is my chance to forever prove to you I will try to lead by example. BRING IT ON.

My beautiful brown eyed girl, I will live my life forever trying to never, ever, let you down.

I love you with all my heart!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

How can someone so young think of such an amazing thing to say?! She really is an incredible little girl! ♥

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!!!!!