Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Long Weekend and More

This past weekend I enjoyed three days with my babies at home! Our normal sitter, a great one at that, is Mimi, my grandmother, she went on a trip to Fl and so John and I had to watch the kids on Monday and Tuesday. I stayed home Monday and got myself a 3 day weekend! John stayed home most of the day Tuesday and I came home a little early to be with them.

Man I love being home with my babies. Tuesday as I was pulling out of our drive way on the way to work, tears were pouring down my face at having to leave them. The 3 days with them makes it so hard to go back to work. I miss them tons and wish I can just stay home with them 24-7. For now I will hang in there a little longer and I will eventually be working part time. I CANNOT wait! Being with them is like being in another world and I just want to share in it more than anything.

Another world--If you are asking your self what world that is then you must not have children or spend a lot of time with any kids that are close to you. The rest of you know exactly what I mean. They are truly little beings trying to find their way and in the mean time are completely wrapped up in a world of their own. Sometimes, if you are lucky they let you enter that world with them. It is those moments I live for.

When your 3 year old son, who has a fascination with animals so grand that it is hard to explain, asks you to pretend he is a dog (or maybe a horse or elephant depending on his mood) for the day you have received his invitation to enter his world. He breathes it and takes it in, he is a doggie. He has no hands for the time being so you feed him and hold his cup for him and you use phrases like "good boy". His "dog" name is Fish, weird I know, but I have learned not to call him Tyler in those spells because then the realm we have entered, well, collapses. I like his imagination and his world and am honored to be allowed in it. The best part is when the doggie wants to be held and be loved on. Hey, it is hard to get him to let me do this much any more, so if I have to pretend he is a "spotted dog" as he says, then so be it. I love this world, I take it in, get lost in it, and I suddenly become the best pet owner anyone has ever dreamed of. Plus we both know that doggies don't talk right, that in itself on some days is an added bonus!

Then wait, behold, enter yet another world....My 2 year old darling daughter, who really believes she is a princess, and her best friends are Belle and Sleeping Beauty, is now playing with my make up. I kindly say "Genesis, can you please put Mommy's make up back where you found it?" She replies, "Yes your heirness." Ah yes, what's not to love about a child's world. I am queen for the day in hers. I take it any way I can get it. Enter.

0 comments: