Friday, April 20, 2007

Jack-O

My family and I relocated to NC when I was about 20 years old. I was born and raised in Miami, FL . You can say that I left Miami when I was in my "prime" so to speak. I had all my neighborhood friends, all of my high school friends, and friends that I went to school with since kindergarten that I literally grew up with. I hated leaving all of them. That was the hardest part of leaving my home town. My now husband came to NC as well though, and that made it all worthwhile. Still, leaving all of our roots behind proved difficult to develop new ones.


We have found many acquaintances here through out the years, but not many true friends, that took more time. Those friends that were true friends through all those years in FL are hard to replace. Now that we have been here about 9 years, things are better and we have met some really great people. Some true friends.

I met my great friend Emily through work. She was the type of person that after knowing her only a couple of weeks you felt like you knew her forever. Emily is a great person and a great friend to me, and I am grateful to have met her. I love her and her family. They are all great, and I feel like I brought her from Miami with me!

Her husband Jack is the same type of easy going person. This couple will do anything for anyone. They are kind at heart. They welcome you in your home and talk to you and the genuinely care about you and your life. It is a great friendship because John really loves Emmy and Jack too, so it's a win-win deal.

John and I really don't do much on weekends sometimes because it is our time with the kids since we work all week, and it is even hard to find a sitter some times. Of course though as fate would have it, the weekend John and I do have something to do, is the weekend Em is having a surprise birthday party for Jack. We hate that we are missing it and even tried to move our trip to the beach to another weekend but it is work related for John and we weren't successful in shuffling things around.

So this post is for Jack. Jack-O I am so sorry we will be missing your big 3-0 bash, but we will have to make up for it some other time! We will be thinking of you guys! Hope you aren't taking this big birthday too hard, definitely better you than me........"Rock-Out" this weekend.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh..Veronica, you are so sweet to us. I just adore you!
Thanks so much for your kind words.

Sometimes you go through life thinking you are not making a difference or touching people.
It's so nice to hear when you do.

I don't know if you remember this, but months ago when we used to work together, you sent me an e-mail supporting me through a difficult time.
I told you, I knew then why we moved to NC, to have met a wonderful friend like you.

I won't let Jack read this till after Sat, but I will make sure he sees it.

You guys have a wonderful time at the beach. We'll be thinking about you.

Love,
Emmy