Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The Purest Love...My First Born.....Tyler Jon

Ever since I married John in 1998 I couldn't wait to be the mother of his children. I wanted to be a mommy with all my heart. We weren't ready for a long time but in 2003 our dreams came true. We welcomed this perfect little angel into the world and named him Tyler Jon. He has brought endless happiness and tears of joy into our lives. He is our little man. He is the greatest little boy ever! (Of course we are bias.)

As I got the slideshow above ready I was in amazement that he has been in our world nearly 4 years now. I simply can't imagine a day with out him. I still remember finding out I was pregnant with him. I literally dropped to my knees in the bathroom and cried and thanked God for him. It may have marked the beginning of the best days of my life.

My pregnancy was a good one. No problems at all, the doctors called it "text book". I so appreciated that. Yet another blessing. I remember driving in my car, blaring the music while I was pregnant with him. I was enjoying the sun shine, enjoying my belly and his kicking that would inevitably start once I turned up that stereo. I used to talk to him and sing to him, those were good days, but nothing could have prepared me for his arrival and the even better days ahead.

Having him is just indescribable. Such a pure heart, an innocence that can only be seen in the eyes of the child. My child that I have been entrusted to if even for a season. I cherish him and every moment I share with him. He is so full of promise and love and he has shown me complete, total, undying, unconditional love.

Tyler loves his family. He genuinely has a heart for everybody and is always concerned about all those around him. If any of us say we are feeling sick he gets upset and says he doesn't want any one to be sick. He is the protector of his little sister Genesis. He loves science. He loves animals. He probably has a good 200 of these animal figures- all types. All of which he can name, and tell you where they live and what they eat. He is so smart. He is my little nerd. He loves to watch Discovery Channel and Animal Planet!! He enjoys his trains and trains table next best. Tyler often requests that we read to him from the encyclopedia, and the awesome part is that he actually retains a lot of that information. Not to brag but it is pretty amazing really. He is an amazing and intelligent little person all the way around.

Now he isn't a perfect one I will tell you, but who is? He is strong willed and has a very hard head. It is like pulling teeth to get him to say sorry sometimes (he gets that from his daddy). It is near impossible to change his mind about things too. Maybe all great characteristics for a little attorney in the making, but who knows. If you ask him today he will tell you that he wants to be an animal dentist.

We will take it one day at a time, for now I am just taking in enjoying my great little boy. I hope you like the slideshow. These are some of my favorite pics of Tyler in the past couple of years, and let me tell you, it's hard to pick so few :).

0 comments: