Friday, January 30, 2009

How Do I Know Things Will Be OK?

This is how..........

John: I freakin love u
Me: Oh wow, I LOVE YOU TOO
Me: Really -- u "freakin" love me!?
John: Oh hell yeah
Me: Like u r super sure? No regrets 4 u & no worries 4 me?
John: No way....u are my complete package in every way
Me: That is music to my ears. DITTO. You are still my lobster. 4ever
John: Haha....luv that.....with claws and all
Me: With claws and all! BIG ONES! :)

.......The above were a series of text messages between John and I. I received the first one at 3:11 PM while I was at work yesterday afternoon. I wanted to document this in here so I can cherish it for as long as I would like to. Its the little things like these that keep me going. My heart is so happy.

The lobster reference is courtesy of John's favorite TV show "FRIENDS". I even had that (you will always be my lobster) engraved on the back of a necklace charm that I gave him for Christmas last year:

Phoebe: Hang in there. It's gonna happen!
Ross: Okay, now, how do you know that?
Phoebe: Because she's your lobster!
[At a loss, Ross looks at Chandler.]
Chandler: Oh, she's going somewhere.
Phoebe: Come on, you guys, it's a known fact that lobsters fall in love and mate for life. You know what, you can actually see old lobster couples walking around their tank, you know, holding claws…

Any other Friends fans out there?

0 comments: