Monday, January 5, 2009

The Good...The Bad....and the Hopefully not Ugly!!

Happy New Year Everyone! 2009.....wow, I feel so old...but only for a second. We welcomed 09 at our friend Nathan's at an Eighties themed party. We had such a great time! The outfits were crazy. I even busted out Madonna gloves and pink tights with leg warmers!

2008 in one word to me seemed.......stressfull.....a close second would be depressing.

A friend of ours, Tiffany, summed it up so well in her blog. Good to know I wasn't the only one.

The Good:

  • health. everyone is pretty much healthy in our extended families and we are thankful for another year with them.......Gen had a perfect, yet long recovery to her traumatic event.....Bella's hip is seemingly well, (holding my breath, follow up is a week or so), I think her mouth is doing good as well! Tyler steered clear of trouble. sigh
  • John and I had our 10 year anniversary! We are doing better than ever.
  • Isabella is one. I think that's a triumph!! Oh, and no more pumping for me or money on formula!
  • Tyler started Kindergarten!! Had a perfect report card too!
  • Genesis began Private Preschool and is out of diapers completely, I mean she has been in panties for years now but I mean like even at night. $$$ I think pretty soon I will be contributing less to the Pampers corporation, can't believe we are now going on our 6th year straight of having that as a pretty hefty bill.
  • we made some great new friends
  • saw a lot of our families and old friends from Miami

The Bad......

  • not complaining because again we are all healthy, but one too many visits to all sorts of doctors for me and my family. too many close calls
  • a ton of car trouble...accidents....mechanical...all of it.......
  • danced a bit with depression, and failure ..could totally have done without that
  • realized that I really cant do it all..SURPRISE.....lots of things suffered...ended up doing it all..just poorly -- at best
  • have never had a more tiresome year
  • John's income took a hit......feeling lots of effect
  • our economy, wars and foreign affairs
  • life with out my sister

Hopefully this will not turn out ugly.....

  • I want to spend more time with the kids. I am learning how to cut corners in other areas to make room for that.
  • Will take time for myself.
  • Will make time for my friends.
  • Continue to grow closer with and to John. Gets better every year, I am stoked.
  • See Gen off to Kindergarten in 2009, and that she will finally be emotionally ready for that.
  • Ty will be in First Grade. Are you sure this is supposed to be easier on me than it was last year?
  • Family Vacation.
  • Take back Thanksgiving. I miss hosting this one.
  • Getting our crazy schedules to run a little smoother.
  • Spend time with Isabella in a way that I am reminded that she is only this little for such a short while, I don't want to miss a thing.
  • Drink more water and make healthier food choices.
  • Get a Mammogram.
  • Bust the Wii Fit out
  • Take a Yoga class.

Good Luck Friends!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Cheers to 2009 and better things!

Anonymous said...

I want to see pics from New Year's Eve!