Friday, December 12, 2008

Oh Baby It's Cold Outside!

Being from Florida a lot of my friends and family from Miami ask me how do I face the cold in the mornings. Well, I guess after some years it is not that bad at all. I miss the warm sun on my skin and wearing T-Shirts in December, but for the most part I am beginning to enjoy it.

I hate prying the kids from a warm bed, but being raised here, they don't know any different, and they just don't mind it one bit. It was a gorgeous morning here with clear blue skies and cold crisp air. Gen and I had a Starbucks run on the way to her Pre-School. It was yummy and warm in our tummies. (Oh man, for whatever reason that sounds terrible since she is 4, please don't judge, I really do monitor what she drinks there!) Most of all I can tell that right at that moment we were bonding and making some more awesome memories.

It is now well past the morning, and I shift to looking forward to a cold night. I get to cuddle with my kids and since it is Friday I get to hang out with John under blankets while we watch a movie. Don't Blockbuster nights take on a whole new meaning in the winter?

I love warm blankets, cuddly socks, crackling fires, and tucking the kids in tightly in the winter. We are so fortunate to have the opportunity to appreciate the seasons here.

With winter fast approaching I hope your heart stays warm this season. My wish for you is that your blankets seem softer, your bed warmer, and the light of your fire more beautiful. Make it a point to hug the people you love, now and always ofcourse, but when you do it this season try to really put some thought in what you are doing, take it in. Doesn't it just feel so good?


* My little Gen on a cold morning enjoying some Starbucks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture is priceless! She looks so happy with her cup. Starbucks makes me happy too :) Sorry you did not get your blockbuster night! :)

John Lara said...

Sooo cute but OMG now I have two Starbuck addicts!