Monday, April 14, 2008

WEEEEE!!!

This weekend John and I bought into all the hype and got a Nintendo Wii. In our 9 years of marriage this is the first gaming system we have bought. I wanted one from the start and John wasn't convinced. (he is old!) Finally, he gave in! We had been searching for one because they just aren't staying on the shelves, Saturday was John's lucky day.

So off we went to shop for the Wii. Extra controller, check. Batteries and battery charger, check, check. We also got some games, one for us, Zelda for John, Disney Princess for Gen, and Happy Feet for Ty. We pre ordered the Wii Fit game too, I cant wait to get that one! It comes with a mat which reads your weight etc. I don't have details, but it will help with cardio, and yoga exercises etc. It looks so interesting to me, we pre ordered Mario Kart as well.

The graphics on this thing aren't as advanced as my little brothers Xbox 360, but the technology is amazing and precise. The gadget is just plain fun! OK, and I am a bit embarrassed to admit, my arms are sore this morning. We played until 5am Sunday morning. What a great time. Had some drinks, and the game was off to a new level. The game we purchased to play together has like 25 carnival games on it. So, we threw rings, balls, shot at targets, etc..(I suppose that is why I am sore!)

The kids didn't play much, we just sort of introduced them to Wii on Sunday. Gen seems like she will be a natural, Ty will take a little more effort. With this system they have to be a little active to play which is good, but it is still a video game so I think we will limit this to just weekend play for them in short sessions.

It was an expensive treat and part of me still feels guilty for buying this, but you know what, I will just suck it up because I heart the Wii! Weeeeeeeeeee.......
I love you John,had so much fun!!!!

0 comments: