Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Little Man is 6 Today!!

Happy Birthday Tyler!!


I cannot believe that my baby boy is 6 years old today! At 3:47 AM, six years ago, I had just endured endless hours of labor. I was exhausted from not eating in over 30 hours and from the pain and work that labor brought me. Yet in the still of the morning, my spirit was renewed, my life forever changed. The last 27 years didn't matter anymore. He was born, I was reborn. I was different, I was exactly where I needed to be for once in my life. Everything had substance, my eyes saw things in a different light. I would never go back.

"One last push" , the Dr. said, " before we take you in for a C-Section." Lights, camera, action, people everywhere ready to wheel me out. My mothers face blank, Johns face in awe. My heart heavy, had I endured these thirty plus hours for nothing? All was a blur, the seconds ticking. I braced myself. Took big breaths. Then silence. The doctor sang him a song when his head appeared, (sweetest thing ever frankly) then my last push. I was so tired, I pushed with more than I had to give, I don't know where it came from, but it did. (goes to show that a Mom can and will do whatever they can for their children, it starts at conception!) Then time stood still. Finally, the most beautiful cry I ever heard. First his, as he made his appearance, then mine as they placed his wet perfect little body on my chest, then my mothers as her life went full circle at that very moment. My adventure as a new Mom finally began thanks to the miracle of my perfect son.




Tyler you are the one that made me a Mommy. No one else can ever do that, you were the first one. Thank you for taking me on this journey. I love knowing that you love me, and even more, I love knowing that YOU feel loved. You smile, hug, tell me you love me often, pick me flowers, I know you think about me at school because you write about me in your journal entries all the time, and draw cute pictures of us. I know I mentioned your hugs, but wow your hugs are incredible! I feel them down to the core like nothing else. You give me kisses all the time, but once a day, every day, you give me my "special kiss" as you call it. I live for that second every day. You shake your arms, I bend down to your level, you flash me your incredible smile, and you lick your lips, and give me the best kiss I can ever dream of. Sometimes, more than one. Oh, yes and your skin, WOW. You play hard but your skin is the softest thing I have ever felt, your hands are so so soft, your cheeks even softer, you are 6 but you feel as soft as a baby.


Thank you for your love, even when I have made mistakes along the way. You make everything worth it. Thank you for teaching me so very much in such little time. You are the greatest teacher I have ever had. I am head over heels in love with you my sweet sweet baby boy. You mean love and bring Daddy and I so much joy. Happy Birthday Tyler!!



3 comments:

Tonya said...

your post made tears come to my eyes as I think my little boy will, before I know it, be 6 (and all grown up!) He is sooo sweet and can't wait to watch him grow up! He has adorable little sisters to protect!!

Rachel said...

Veronica! This definitely brought tears to my eyes as I was reading. You have raised such a sweet and awesome little guy! I can't believe he's already 6! It feels like just yesterday I was celebrating his 5th birthday at monkey joes lol love you both ♥

Mai said...

I'm a lot late, but Happy Belated Birthday to your Dinosaur Man! :)