Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bella's Baby Bullets


Oh man, I am planning Isabella's 1st birthday party right now! This is so crazy! Time has flown. I am planning on having a party fit for a baby diva! It will be totally modern retro chic. Thinking browns and pinks and polka dots.... We are going to have a mashed potato bar, all the condiments you can think of, all to be self-served in martini cups. This way even the one year old can have some plain mashed taters and actually enjoy her birthday meal and the adults can have something way cooler than mac n cheese!


My sister got her the cutest dress ever, it is very eighties with a modern twist. It is brown with modern pink and aqua hearts on it, there is tulle coming out of the bottom of it, (think Madonna in the eighties with the lace gloves), it is simply delicious. We are going to go to my most favorite bakery here in downtown Cary, Blue Moon, and have a cake made to match her dress with brown fondant and the hearts. It will be adorable!

I mean, she will never remember this, she has no way of picking out her things or a character so why not make it adorably hip for her. Really, aren't first birthday parties for the parents anyway? I think so in reality, so I will make it totally me, and hope that one day she can look at the pics and totally love it. Time will tell. Anyhow, on to the bullets:
  • Bella Grace will be 1 on 11/29!!
  • She has another tooth now, so two on bottom, and one that looks so big on top. I think there is another one coming in right by it too.
  • She is playing so well now, she just loves her toys.
  • Crawls like a mad women she is so quick!
  • What an attitude! Boy can she scream and yell and bang until she gets what she wants. Whatever she wants is quite known. I love that trait!
  • Cute cute cute cute cute! Need I say more?
  • Her hair is really starting to come in, I am having fun with little tiny bows. Girls rock.
  • Cheese please! She loves cheese. Whenever she is crabby I give her some and she is all better!
  • She loves her brother and sister, and ME! She wants me all the time, a lot more than ever now. Sorry Daddy, I have taken the lead, but I know you enjoy your close second ;0).
  • Her favorite thing must still be dancing up a storm. Between her and Gen we will have seriously rough teenage years. Whew!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds sooooooo cute! You are so creative with parties!!!!

Rachel said...

she's growing up so fast! i can't believe she's gonna be 1...it seems like just last month i was visiting you in the hospital the day she was born. and the party sounds soo cute! have fun!!