Friday, July 25, 2008

Settling Down

Life feels like the calm right before a storm right now. Don't get me wrong, life is as crazy as I can possibly imagine it but I think that we are finally settling into a routine which is nice.

I love my mornings now, John takes Isabella to Mimi's in the morning and Genesis to pre-school or to Mimi's depending on her schedule. When Gen has school I love dressing her in the morning and brushing her beautiful hair. She is the sweetest little lady.

I also have the awesome chance to sleep in about another hour (Tyler doesn't start school until 9:15) and then spend alone time with Tyler. That alone time is so very special to me because these days it seems that he is growing and maturing by the fricken minute!! He is such a little man. I guess Kindergarten is really doing it's thing. I don't know whether to enjoy it, or cry about it. I guess I do my fair share of a little bit of both.

In the evenings it is quite the marathon. We leave work and John picks up the girls, then I pick up Tyler and we meet at home. Then the real fun begins, ha. Some play time for the big ones, dinner, baths, bed time stories, tuck them in bed, get everything ready for the next day, make lunch and snack for Tyler, put in a load of laundry pick up the house, and read through the stack of papers Tyler's school sends home every night. WHEW!! After all this then it is finally time to relax.

John and I then hang out for a while. We watch the shows that we have DVR'd (that thing is a life and time saver, even the kids say fast forward when a commercial comes on now). We just have some alone time and bonding time. It's the best.

The kids are great, as are John and I. We are really enjoying our special times and know just how valuable it is. Our marriage is in a good groove right now; has been for the past like 8 months. Just having a great time. I love sleeping with and waking up to the love of my life and best friend.

Then we do it all over again. And again. And again. And I wouldn't change a thing. God has Blessed me with a great family. How great of Him to entrust three of His precious gifts to us.

0 comments: