Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day 2008

This year I had my first x3 Mothers Day! It was quite special. We had dinner at Mimi's and it was nice family time. Tyler made me a very sweet gift at school, with cute wrapping and card to boot. I will have to add pictures of that to this blog soon. The kids made me a little something with their hand prints on it with my mom (thanks mom!!) that was the sweetest thing I received! I cant believe that Mom took her time to make that with them for me even when she was so sore. Pretty thoughtful, I have the best Mommy and Mimi in the world!


SOME THOUGHTS ON MOTHERHOOD:
  • "No one is poor who had a godly mother" -- Abraham Lincoln (16th President of U.S.A.)
  • "Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you." -- Robert Fulghum"
  • "If you want your children to turn out well, spend twice as much time with them, and half as much money." -- Abigail Van Buren ('Dear Abby')
  • "All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his." -- Oscar Wilde
  • "To be in your children's memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today." -- Barbara Johnson
FOR MY MOMMY:
  • "A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts." -- Washington Irving (1783-1859)

  • "Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face." -- George Eliot

  • "Youth fades; love droops, the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
FOR MY CHILDREN:
  • "Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of life." -- Maureen Hawkins

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY... to every Mother on every day of the year!

0 comments: