Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bad Day


I am having a bad day, well really a bad week-- month-- in general. Don't feel like talking about it much however. So this post is really just for me. I find that writing about what I love makes me feel better, so I am going to be my own cheerleader for this one.

Today I got to spend the morning with Tyler. John took Genesis to Mimi's house and I was able to stay in bed later and cuddle with Tyler and then take him to get his 4 year old portraits made. I must say, he sure did look handsome. I can't wait to post those pics. He was good at the sitting too, all things considered. He made it pretty much effortless. I had at least a little bit of quality time and I enjoyed that. Though, he kept asking for his baby sister, he missed her lots. All along I thought that being alone at Mimi's would be harder on her, but apparently it is just as hard on him when they are apart. Mimi mentioned that Gen was calling for Tyler in her sleep.

Then it was time to head back to the office. Blah. As soon as I pulled in In My Daughters Eye's began to play on the radio. So I stayed in the car to listen to it. It gave me at least some peace and clarity, especially before coming in to work, which was really great.

And when she wraps her hand around my finger,
Oh, it puts a smile in my heart.
Everything becomes a little clearer.
I realize what life is all about.
It's hangin' on when your heart has had enough;
It's givin' more when you feel like givin' up.
I've seen the light: it's in my daughter's eyes.


Thanks Tyler and Genesis!

0 comments: