Thursday, June 14, 2007

Kissing My 20's Goodbye

There are so many reasons I am going to miss the 20's. I love the 20's, I wish I could be say, 27 forever! I encountered many exciting things in my 20's, below is a re-cap, in no particular order....

  • Moved to NC
  • Got engaged to my husband
  • Had the wedding of my dreams
  • Bought our first home together
  • I grew up
  • Had my first son, Tyler Jon
  • Had my first daughter, Genesis Nicole
  • Went on my first mission trip
  • Have all of my family with me
  • Got some great news about at least one good thing I will get in my first year of being 30
  • No wrinkles (yet) :)

I think I can go on, but those are the big ones. Great, great, things. Big things. Unforgettable things. I have a feeling the 30's are just going to hold so many things for me that are just the inevitable. Maybe it is because I am getting old, maybe its the fear of the unknown, still I think the 30's are going to have a rough start.

Yet, I hope that by the time I am in my thirties I can come back here and report how wrong I was. I can only hope my list looks half as good as the one I wrote in my 20's. Many women say that in the 30's they found themselves, they became empowered, and that things are simply better. Maybe, just maybe, that will be me.


0 comments: