Thursday, May 24, 2007

At This Moment

Hello Friends. I hope this post finds you all doing well. Things have been same old same old for me though no day is ever exactly the same. Ordinary, I suppose is just not even possible with a 2 and a 3 year old, who needs ordinary anyway!?

Tyler saved my life this morning. LOL. He is always asleep on our way to dropping him off at his Mimi's but today my chatter box was awake. Talking to me, and talking, and talking some more, eventually waking up his sister who joins us in the conversation. These are the moments I live for.

All of a sudden he says :

"Mommy a bug!"
I say "WHERE?"
He replies, "right by you".

I tense up looking for the tiny bastard! I just can't stand any type of creepy crawly, yuck! Tyler says "mom right by you - by the wheel". How right he was! There it was, this little gross thing, with a red head or something, just coming my way on the dash. I pulled over of course and got him right out.

Genesis cheered. Tyler was interested in the well being of the bug, I explain that I didn't hurt it whatsoever, and he was glad. He will learn soon enough that his Mom is not brave and just cannot kill one. Oh gross, I cant even stand to hear the crunching sound when you step on one, ill. A friend of mine that I worked with tried to capture a bug or two countless times here at the office. She is almost as bad as me, we would scream, and laugh while she usually threw a cup or something over the nasties. I don't think Catie can step on one either!

I am thankful that he warned me of it! Knowing me, we would have been going down 55 chatting up a storm when I see that thing near me and I would have panicked and maybe rear ended someone or what have you. Thanks Tyler! I think this little boy will never know how many times and in how many ways he has saved his Mommy!

Other things I am thankful for at this moment:

* feeling well
* the unconditional love of my children
* having the greatest family ever
* being able to talk -uninterruptedly- to my kids for an entire half an hour before the craziness of the day
* having at least one true friend
* pants that fit -- ;)
* cute shoes
* right now
* the ability to just be numb




0 comments: