Monday, November 9, 2009

Pots of Gold

Rainbow:

1. multicolored arc in sky: an arc of light separated into bands of color that appears when the Sun's rays are refracted and reflected by drops of mist or rain. The colors of the rainbow are conventionally said to be red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.

No matter where you seemingly position yourself on these "arcs", undeniably there will always be a pot of gold at the end of your rainbow, whether you are climbing to the top, or sliding on a strong downward spiral. Just look in that special place that is in all of us, there they are.

My Pots of Gold:

- Came home last week and John said he had a surprise for me. The house was spotless, so I thought that was it. He took me upstairs to my closet, all my clothes neatly hung up and shoes all in order. I looked a little closer and let out a big scream. There, in the center of perfect tidiness, lay my Rainbow sandals. John cracked up and thought it was a classic V moment.

-New baby, new life! Welcome to the world Liam Nash Collins. (this name will undoubtedly be in lights some day, way to go Mom and Dad, I LOVE your little man's name!!) Congrats to Matt and Tiffany. Enjoy every second of your new family and treasure. Liam is absolutely perfect!

- We have all been pretty sick this week, so after a long day at work I snuck upstairs to take a hot bath hoping no little people would follow me upstairs. I drew my bath, laid out some PJ's and was feeling pretty impressed at the silence. I jump in the tub, and in the distance I hear the pitter patter of little feet, albeit one of my favorites sounds, the silence was too. Amazingly my bathroom door doesn't open as I soak. Then I hear Genesis in my room, signing. I love to hear her sing when she doesn't realize anyone is listening. I had the best bath ever.

-Bella pushing her grocery cart all over the house.

-Tyler's first loose tooth.

-Yummy dinners made by my honey which we have all been enjoying together as a family.

-The fire in the leaves.

-Streets covered in leaves of all colors.

-Genesis and I doing a Hello Kitty Craft and coloring. We did this OUR way, which means we had our coffee mugs in hand and fluffy socks on our feet. Just her and I. It was perfect.

-Cuddling with Isabella. She is so petite, and the perfect little cuddle size.

-Tyler passing every single one of his times Math tests, with flying colors. I worry all day, just to come home and see 20/20 in big red ink at the top of his papers.

-Hot coffee.

-Watching John try to earn a "coin" on Mario Galaxy. Watching him grow frustrated as he unsuccessfully attempts it while Tyler and I give him hell. Then watching Tyler have to do it for him. Daddy just hasn't mastered the long jump technique and without it there is NO COIN.

- My bed.

What are in your Pots of Gold? Every rainbow has one!

XOXO,
V

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Veronica for Liam's shout out! He does have a a sort of Hollywood name! Maybe he'll be the next McDreamy.

Can't wait to enjoy those kid moments that you are right now!