Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Underdog Wins!!!!

I know, I know, I am an American Idol fan. It is one of my guilty pleasures! I really love it, despite what all the critics may say. I enjoy this reality show, so does John. The finale was great, I loved Cyndi Lauper and Kara, it was a pretty good show. (Yet I am a bad fan because I totally fast forwarded through a lot of the Idols' group performances, those can be so cheesy and terrible!)

I am so stoked that Kris Allen won! He is adorable isn't he? His face upon hearing his name called was priceless. I could just squeeze his cheeks! I was really surprised, but oh so glad! Some call it an upset, that's fine, it is the greatest upset of all time then!!


I mean all season, it was Adam, Adam, Adam. His performances were more done up with lights, and fog and this and that, they often saved him for last so that viewers remembered him, Simon called him the next Idol, even last night he had the spotlight! Kris performed with Keith Urban, while I think Keith is wonderful, it was basically just two little guys up there jamming with their guitars, to a song with sweet easy lyrics, not a lot of glitz. The two finalist even had a duet, well sort of, it was with Queen, come on, like Kris can compete with that, it was completely set for Adam. Then came Adam, with KISS, with an armored suit and moon shoes, and fog and fireworks for goodness sakes, it was totally supposed to be his night. But, low and behold America prevails!

Adam Lambert has some chops, he can definitely sing, but the screaming is so overrated for me, as is his style in general. I can't stand to listen even with my eyes closed despite his incredible talent, it is just not me. In the end, they will both have pretty great careers, all because of this show, what an accomplishment, and though I am sure they have worked hard, a pretty easy break in that business.
OK, back to Kris. Hey, he makes me feel like a teenager, creepy huh? (blushes). Really he just makes me smile. John was a fan too, so it made it fun. I thought the song he did with Keith Urban was great, I would love to hear him sing with John Mayer or DMB or something like that, he is right up my alley and I hope he keeps going that way! His Dad crying melts my heart, and I think his Mom is great too, they seem like a great family. When Kris went to visit his home town and his Dad broke down in that hug, I needed the Kleenex.

Now that Idol is over, what will I do with my guilty pleasure hour? It is summer time so I guess a bowl of ice cream is out of the question isn't it? Oh wait, next is So You Think You Can Dance! Genesis loves this show, so it will be fun to watch together. I love junk TV, no thinking involved, its a beautiful thing!

0 comments: