Friday, September 28, 2007

I LOVE FALL...and STARBUCKS!



Growing up in Miami, FL all I knew was summer. I loved it naturally and lived for the beach. When I moved to NC I got a taste of Fall. I knew I studied that there were seasons in school, but never really got to experience it. The leaves were gorgeous, the air so crisp, with just enough sunshine to warm your skin. Perfect weather! My "bumming out" outfit of choice in the fall is a sweatshirt, hair up in a pony tail, some shorts or jeans, and of course flip flops. If I am lucky there is a Starbucks cup in my hand. Fall is like a mix of the summer that passed and the winter to come. I love this part of the year in NC.

You just know that Fall is finally here when Starbucks has their Pumpkin Spice Latte on the menu. This year it got here even earlier than the first day of Fall, and let me tell you it was way welcomed! Sure, I admit, not good for the waist line, but since my waist line doesn't matter these days, I indulge! These just taste so much better when you are pregnant. DELISH!! The first one I had I cheated and just had it, the next one she made half decaf for me so it could be more baby friendly. Can't even tell the difference. YUMMY.

I am sure I am growing a Starbucks and Caribou junkie in there right this moment, just like her sister Genesis. See, with Tyler I steered clear of most caffeine, first baby and all, and he could care less for the coffee, but Gen on the other hand, she BEGS for it. Poor thing, she cant have it just yet, so she can just take a taste of mine. I can't wait until she is older though, what can be more fun than a day of shopping with your daughter (she loves that too) that starts and ends at the coffee shop?

Of course, I think deep in my heart summer is still my favorite season, it reminds me of my childhood and my home. I have to admit though that I love falling for FALL. (Not to mention it will not be hard to say goodbye to this heat; can't believe I made it through summer and this pregnancy without chopping my hair off).

0 comments: