Wednesday, March 17, 2010

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY!!

This St. Patricks Day I realized that............

  • My daughters do not own much green clothes at all. Genesis has some shorts, but it was still too chilly for that, so jeans it was. As for her top, that was rough, but we dug something up. Hair bows were an even bigger challenge! I don't think green would be a good addition to Gen's wardrobe with her skin tone, but Bella would look cute in green I think, so I will have to get some! Gen went with clear sparkly nails with tiny green gems on them, she was adorable.
  • Daddy and Gen worked on her project for school that was due today last night. She was to design and build a trap to catch Lenny the Leprechaun that has escaped in her classroom. They put together a rainbow made out of cardboard with a pot of gold at the end. When Lenny opens the treasure he will see that it is fake and the door comes down and traps him! Or so we hope, we will have to see how it goes, it was definitely the cutest project ever though. She was so proud to take it to school today.
  • Isabella was conceived exactly three years ago today! Sorry if that is "TMI" , but it was much too memorable to forget the exact date. It was a good night! I really didn't care much about St. Patty's Day until 2007. From then on, we will CELEBRATE! Haha......
  • There are only 3 more days til Spring 2010. I cant wait for some blue skies and warm sunshine. The kids are excited to play outside more, and we are looking forward to nice walks with Koda Brown and the kids.

Anyone having some green beer tonight? I am not sure I will get to enjoy one myself, but the kids and I are making Shamrock Smoothies :0). Just mix some skim milk, sugar free lime sherbert, vanilla extract and two ripe bananas (or yogurt) in the blender and enjoy!! I hope my little Leprochauns like them! I will call these "shakes" so they think they are terrible for them and love them! Works every time!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

CUTE IDEA! Sounds yummy! hope you guys enjoyed celebrating. and as for the TMI...yes, it may have been TMI butttt it's soo great to have little Bells around :) love you all!