Friday, April 10, 2009

Where in the World is V?

Missing in action is probably what you think, but it has been the opposite, nothing but action around here I feel like I go go go!

Basically, I have a terrible cold, and the all three kiddos have had it too! I am sick and tired of all these colds running around. It is bad when the kids have it of course, my heart breaks, but when I do it is a totally different scenario. My energy is gone, so I am seriously lagging...like a triple skinny latte will not even do the trick! So in the end, I suffer and so do the kids because I am so busy tending to them I get no sleep and definitely not any better faster.

Yesterday it was a gorgeous day, and Gen is much better and really wanted to go and ride her bike. I thought that some fresh air would do them well, so off they went. I am sad I didn't get to join them though. I was going to, but the couch was calling my name. I stayed in for a couple hours and John took the two bigger kids out while I played with some blocks with Isabella and then her and I laid on the couch. I hated missing the sunshine, and hated that Bella missed out too (all three kids with things with wheels outside is simply too much so I kept her with me), but I must say the quiet and rest was nice. The nicest part was spending some one on one with Bella. She loves her Incredi-Block. All three kids have, it was Tyler's but that thing is in great condition, and they have all really enjoyed it. Through the years we have accumulated all different kinds of blocks too, with different themes and sounds, they are too cool! She was so cute handing them to me and then putting them in all of the different gadgets. We had a great time.

Tyler was awfully sick last night, he had a tummy ache all night, until about 5 am when he threw up. Dad reports that he is much better today though! I simply can't wait to see them by this time in the afternoon!

As far as family matters....hmmmmmm lets see...Mom is not well, she has severe nerve damage and has lost all function of her right arm for now after that dislocation so she will undergo some therapy and new meds to see if it helps, there are no guarantees at this point!

Mimi is getting stronger everyday, as any little accomplishment is definitely appreciated these days, but she is still not herself. She will start chemo next week. I am scared of this journey for her, especially at her age. She is already picking out wigs though. I am going to get her some pink gloves so she can literally kick Cancer's ass. Let's see how this goes. She is terrified, but will not admit it. She has always been my hero, that fact is now so much more defined.

Even though she is in her 70's losing her hair is a big deal to her..........I will probably chop mine off, shorter than a bob (Shayna, Happy Early Birthday, you will love that I am sure) and donate my long locks to Locks of Love in her honor. I have never donned short hair--I am scared, but she isn't holding me to it, lol!!! I told her that we are all in this together, so if that is an issue for her, then, here we go, she is not alone in this!! Mimi has always taken wonderful care of herself. I mean, who borrows her grandmother's clothes? Well, I did a lot of that, because her wardrobe was incredible, her nails always polished, skin so smooth and wrinkle free you can never guess her age, great jewelry, and great hair!! She is stoked though because years ago she had her eyebrows done, I don't know what it is called, but it is basically where they tattoo eyebrows on you like a model (told you she was all into beauty regimens and such and that was the "in" thing, like Botox today I suppose), they always look natural and great. So when they told her she may lose those and her eyelashes too, and she was like, we will see about that! What a cutie.

I really do suck! I just realized I missed my own blogoversary!? I am all typed out, so I do not have much to say about that, I will just say, that I am so proud to have kept up with this for the past two years! With a family and a job, I don't keep up with many hobbies, but I am so happy that I have kept up with this one. It feels good to write my feelings down. Maybe one day, my children will get something out of these. If God forbid I wasn't here for them one day, my words will remain for them to get to know me through. Morbid I know, but I have been all too aware of the fragility of life in recent months. Whatever I can leave behind for them I will consciously make an effort to do so, just in case. We write wills, get life insurance, plan funerals, we do it anyway so why not leave them a journal of sorts too. Something meaningful.

I have been accused of forgetting exactly who may read this by my husband, and have thought about making it private. I however, refuse. This is really my space, it is me, it is real and not fabricated. If you read my words and like being in the loop of the Lara clan, that is awesome, and I thank you for being a part of my journey. I love it when you guys read and join me through everything. It is crazy, yet simple, just snip its of me jotted down in a newer, high tech version of a raggedy old Hello Kitty Diary or Marbled Notebook (both of which I wrote in my younger years).

Thanks to all of my friends and readers, I appreciate the kind words and support, and if you blog too, I appreciate reading your words as well. We are not alone are we? In this community I feel like we are all in this thing called life together, the heart breaks, the triumphs, the battles and the victories. In the end...."and I think to myself.....what a wonderful world!"

Lots of Blogger Love, and HAPPY EASTER!!
V

1 comments:

Rachel said...

So great to read a post from you! I definitely missed it!! Happy Easter to you and your wonderful family.

Oh and I enjoy reading every single one of your posts, so keep on truckin' :) love you V!

~Rachel